In becoming a teacher, I would like to work with third to fifth grade reading. A lesson plan that would be created would be on telling a story with pictures. I would first present a story that I created by using a projector to show them what is expected and how to search for the images using the web. I would then allow then to use the computer on their own to find images and put them in an order that has a significant plot that could be comprehended without words.
I am concerned about teaching students in a technical environment because children can become very easily distracted. Being that I would be working with elementary students, I know they will be very curious about what the machines can do, especially computers. Today’s technology makes things so easy to do, so it only takes one click of a button for a child to go a completely different route from the instructions that I given.
In working with young children, visual aids are very important tools for increasing their chances for understanding of new concepts. As part of learning new concepts, I would have children to use the google search engine to find images to display the new words or concepts being learned. This too will give them the opportunity to see different visuals of what is being learned, and will also allow them to be decisive about choosing the correct item or choosing the items that helps them understand the best. Images.google.com
Blog Journal #10 prompts
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment