Monday, September 28, 2009

post #4

As a teacher, I really like the concept of requiring the students to use an idea map when required to interact with unfamiliar content. This prevents students from using the easy route of copy and paste or simply changing a couple words of an already prepared text to answer difficult questions. An idea map requires more complex thought and info gathering to fulfill the requirement.

I would encourage my students to use idea maps, outlines, and story board skills because it aids them in developing their own content in a more thorough manner. I would explain how copy and pasting is cheating and how mapping out your thoughts before beginning writing is the best method to developing a complex well structured story or essay.

Last week’s skills learned on creating a news letter will be very helpful in my future career. I ultimately want to be a high school principal and I will have to relay my ideas and future plans on a consistent basis and those skills taught me the proper way to do that. It also helps in preparing to be more organized when presenting information which is key when in any leadership position.

No comments:

Post a Comment